Monday, July 16, 2012

Wild raspberries and jam!

Yesterday whilst out walking my daughter and I noticed some wild raspberries - these together with my home grown ones made some lovely jam last night. I used the recipe from Nigella Lawson's book called 'Domestic goddess' . It's called 'No Hands Raspberry Jam' . It's not a jam for keeping and needs to be kept in the fridge but the taste is so fresh and absolutely delicious . It's one of my family's favourite jams! This is my first batch of jam this year! Those who know me are aware of my prolific preserving habits - it has almost become obsessional in the past. It must be nesting instincts or certainly something primeval ! But the satisfaction and the pleasure I have once a batch is made is soooo rewarding . I'm already making plans for my next batch of jam - apricot or strawberry ?

2 comments:

Thomasina Tittlemouse said...

Love your wild raspberries - bet they made lovely jam! Are you still up for a Victorian apron? Been sewing today so if you are, one can shortly be on its way to you. Can you email me your postal address? My email address is on my blog under the contact me tab so do let me know if you're still interested. E x

Mrs H said...

Oh thank you Elizabeth - I would love one! Thank you !!!