Tuesday, January 10, 2012

And now for me time!

I have finally managed to find time to sit down and restart my blogging again after the Christmas break.
We had a lovely New Years Eve at friends in the local village. It was all the more special in that our younger two came with us and had a lovely time too - even taking a dip in the outdoor hot tub before the midnight fireworks and a torch lit walk back home afterwards.

Every ones out today or still in bed and so a have a few minutes to myself. Hurrah! My other half (OH) has moved out of the home office and set up a new office in the town -  still within walking distance but it means we have another family room( desperately needed) and he gets some time away from home ( also needed). Both younger people are back at school where the dreaded pressure is building for their GCSEs. Eldest son has been back at work for at least a week and elder daughter is about to go back to Uni but not sure for how long - that's another story!



What have I been up to? Before Christmas I started making some cushions for one of the shops in our town. I have been experimenting with using vintage blankets and using embroidery to embellish them. These were the first that I made. I also had a commission to make two wool cushions with a London theme and so I made the cushions with images of Big Ben and a London bus what do you think?
 I made a number of other cushions as presents for nieces etc and I hope to be able to upload pictures of them as long as I haven't lost the photos.......

No comments: