Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Allotment update

I was so excited I had an hour free and I heard the allotment calling. My basket was ready- I have a basket for the front of my bike and it was already primed with my seeds, gardening gloves, trowels, and onion sets. So off I set, the only problem that it was forecast to rain , so rain gear and wellies were also popped into the boot of the car.
I managed to open the shed before the first down pour came. I squeezed myself into the tiny minuscule space by t he door that was free and waited. Rain blowing through the gap. How I waished it would stop . A hat would have been useful! As soon as the deluge eased I popped out and managed to plant the broad beans plants and that's pretty well how it continued. So I had to retreat tot he greenhouse where I planted some more onion sets in module trays, I sowed beetroot and lettuce and that's as far as I have got. Hopefully a more productive week this week!
I definitely need to sort the shed out so that at least I could shelter in there comfortably ! Maybe if I get a dry day!

11 comments:

Janie said...

Haha, that made me chuckle! I love the idea of you r bike basket all ready to dash off to the allotment, so cute (and organised!) xx

Mrs H said...

It's unusual for me to be that organised but I have tried a couple of times to escape there there thus week !

Martin and Amy said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some better weather this month. I'm glad to see the back of April, and like you I'm itching to get up to the allotment!

Martin :0)

Mrs H said...

I am sooooo looking for a few dry days!

Thinking of the days said...

I'm also looking foward to getting to the allotment to do some planting.Picked some rhubarb last night after work but that's it.

Not even planted all of my spuds yet!

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

Good for you for getting out there in the rain! I looked at my poor garden yesterday and realised I am slipping behind, need to get out there and get on with it. Beth (the linen cat)x

felicity said...

I love the idea of a basket on my bike, it would encourage me to pump the tyres up! Looking on the bright side, at least you didn't have to water your seeds in!

Mrs H said...

@ Thinking of the days- Picking rhubarb? i must check mine to see if its ready! Please get your son to send us some of the good weather!

Mrs H said...

Beth- Its very demoralising - all this rain - I think Saturday and Sunday is ok here but not sure about Kent!

Mrs H said...

Felicity - I must say having the basket on the bike does encourage me to use the bike more!

Mrs H said...

Martin and Amy - we may have to just brave the weather out - hoping its dry for you over the weekend!!