Monday, March 12, 2012

I've been collecting more wool!

Over the last couple of weeks I have been collecting more wool. It's funny how at one moment there is no wool wanting to be collected and needing a new home and then wham there's  a quite a lot to be found!
 It all started the other week in Lancaster when visiting with my daughter when we found these four cones of wool.

I don' t think they are pure wool but they did say to me please take me home and thats just what I did. I think they will be great for edging.

On my travels to Kent I found more wool including the lovely purple heather shetland wool- towards the bottom left hand corner of the photo- this really took my fancy. I'm not sure whether I will use this in a project of its own or whether I will use it in another Granny square blanket.

Other daughter would also like a blanket of her own and has even indicated that during the summer she might like to learn how to crochet- oh music to my ears! and that a friend could also want to learn too! More music!!! I dearly would love to pass what basic knowledge I have. I am so looking forward to sharing this craft, I musn't get too excited and scare them off. So I need to get planning! It's  also a good excuse for further acquisitions!

No comments: