Friday, March 9, 2012

Winchester vintage market

As previously posted I visited the Vintage market In Winchester last Sunday. Its a monthly market and has a variety of stalls selling furniture, china, furnishings, clothing and some stalls sell a mixture of all of these.
It was a extremely wet morning and was very cold when I made my visit. In fact I made two visits. the first being in the morning and the second at lunchtime when I decided to return to purchase some china. A blue and white spotted cup, saucer and plate from Torquay that I had seen previously for my friends birthday. I thought it was lovely as my friend comes from Devon and has some blue Denby china already, so thats the theory anyway.

 Anyway here's a photo of Debbie and Rick in the rain




with their stall and all their lovely furniture that they refurbish decorate and upholster themselves.  Their stall is called " Behind called doors".




 


I love the the clock face table and the lamps with their fluffy edgings are to die for!




They use different paint techniques and have painted sideboards and cupboards in amazing blues and greens too!


























Some other friends, also have a stall at the market and their particular things is china. They have some lovely pieces and thats where I bought the blue and white china. Unfortunately, the ditsy person I am I forgot to photograph before wrapping it. However I did buy this dish for me.



I'm not sure what it would have been used for - lipsticks?.


 The colours are lovely pale pink and green. Hydrangeas ( I think) in the corners. It is a Beswick piece with the stamp on the bottom.






I have found it most useful for holding my dress making pins whilst sewing, although I think its too pretty to be used for that long term. I think its lovely.

So thats it for now, have a lovely weekend . I hope to catch up with you in a day or so!




No comments: